Welcome to Year 1!
The Year 1 Team
Miss Leeds teaches Class 4, Mrs Mitchell and Mrs Hope share the teaching in Class 3.
Mrs Dempsey, Miss Claridge and Mrs O’Brien are the brilliant teaching assistants that help us with our learning.
We have fun outdoor learning in Forest School supported by Mrs Peck and Mrs Glenfield. We also enjoy fun music lessons with our specialist teacher Mrs Scaber.
- Our PE days are Tuesday and Thursday so please make sure your child has a full, named kit in school on those days.
- Please include trainers in your PE kit so that we can go outside in the nice weather.
- All jumpers and water bottles should be named.
- Water bottles, book bags and reading books should come into school every day.
- Just water in the bottles please – no juice!
- In warmer weather, please send your child to school with a hat and apply sun cream before school.
- We send home a reading book every Monday. You will keep it for one week.
- We expect your child to read at home at least 3 times in a week.
- Please write in the Reading Journal every time you read at home.
- Please use the questions at the back of the book to check if your child has understood what they have read.
- Spellings go home on a Friday. These are always linked to the phonics we learned last week.
- We do a spelling check on the following Friday.
- Please encourage your children to play on Times Table Rock Stars regularly.
- In year 1 we learn our 2, 5 and 10 times tables.