At Dunmore Primary School, we expect the highest possible level of attendance. Our aim is to ensure that all pupils make excellent progress, achieve high levels of attainment and develop positive relationships with both staff and other pupils. This is achievable only when pupils are present for every possible session. Our aim is to work alongside pupils and parents/carers to promote, support and when necessary involve the Local Authority to ensure that each pupil is receiving their education.
The school day begins at 8.45am and we expect parents to help their child to be punctual.
When your children arrives late at school, they miss out on important information.
Your child may also feel embarrassed at having to enter the classroom late.
|Minutes late per day during the school year
|Is the equivalent of missing:
|3.4 days a year
|6.9 days a year
|10.3 days a year
|13.8 days a year
|20.7 days a year
If your child arrives after 8.45am then they should enter through the main school office where the office will register your child.
The school expectations are:
- pupils will attend every day that the school is open
- if a pupil is absent for any reason the parents/carers will inform the school of the cause before 9.30am
- in the rare event a parent has not informed the school, a telephone call on the morning of absence will be made by the school office. If this is still unsuccessful, then a member of staff may do a home visit or try and ascertain why the child is not in school
- pupils will arrive at school by 8.45am for registration
- pupils will not leave the school site without permission and without being accompanied by an authorised adult at all times
Parents/Carers can expect:
- to be contacted by the school on the first day of absence if no contact has initially been made by the parent
- the school will acknowledge excellent attendance and celebrate highest weekly class attendance, individual termly and annual attendance, including 100% attendance (Attendance of children with long term medical conditions will be rewarded on a case by case basis)
- the school to keep a daily attendance record and inform parents/carers if the pattern of attendance is causing concern
- the school to receive guidance from the Oxfordshire County Council Attendance Team
For more information, please read the 'Attendance Policy' which is on the policies section of this website.